Monday, July 25, 2011

Leaving On A Jet Plane

I have had such a great summer. Really. I spent time with my friends, time with my family, did a fantastic show with some very talented people… good times. Some people assume that I will never come back from Japan. I chuckle to myself. Five years ago when I did my English teaching internships in Japan, if you asked me to stay I would have said yes, and never looked back. Funny thing is I seem to already be looking back and I am not even gone yet! I think I know why.

A week from today I will be on a passenger jet, in route to a far-off place full of far-off stuff and far-off people. Many people treat this year away like it is my funeral. I am still going to be alive in Japan (lord willing ha!) so please don’t treat goodbyes like you will never see me again! I cant take much more of it. It makes me sad that everyone thinks they are losing a friend. You are not. Granted, things will be different, but that’s ok. The last five years of my life have been great. God provided a greenhouse for me to grow in. The people I am leaving in America are the people God used to water and nurture me in that greenhouse. Hopefully I helped you grow too. I love you all very much and am so grateful that God put you in my life. I have every intention of keeping in touch and I expect you all to do the same. I will be mad at you if you don’t. ☺

ALL RIGHT! ENOUGH SAPPY STUFF! I AM GOING TO JAPAN!! SO MUCH EXCITEMENT!!!!!!


PS. Lots of people have asked me where I will be in Japan. The best way is just to look on a map. Its a city called Nagoya. The population is about 8 million.






PPS. Also the weather is very similar to Birmingham. Lots of people wonder about that too.

PPPS. The tsunami happened in northern Japan. Nagoya was not physically effected.

No comments: